Advertiser: Premiair Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $35 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
Vehicle Fleet Service Mechanic
PremiAir Hire is one of Australia's leading Hire/Rental companies and has a reputation for providing high quality, reliability and exceptional service. PremiAir supplies and services a range of equipment in the construction, traffic, mining, manufacturing and events industries.
We currently have a fulltime vacancy for a suitably qualified and experienced Light or Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to be responsible for servicing/repair of hire vehicles including Traffic Management Utes, Truck-Mounted Attenuators as well as our own fleet of vehicles.
Located at our Head Office workshop located in Eastern Creek NSW and reporting to the Workshop Manager, we are looking for a team player with strong communication skills, good technical knowledge and outstanding customer service skills to take on this fast-paced and dynamic role.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- On-time servicing and repair of a range of light and heavy vehicles
- Fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems
- Working with apprentices and other workshop employees
- Assist in managing daily workflow to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Administrative tasks relevant to the position
We are seeking a person with the following skills and attributes:
- Trade Qualified Light Diesel Mechanic/Heavy Vehicle or similar
- Minimum 2-3 years post-trade working in a similar role
- Has a valid and current drivers licence
- HR Licence would be advantageous
- Can work unsupervised and can follow instructions
- Is self-motivated and takes pride in their work
- Is focused on providing the best service to our internal and external customers
- Has good English reading and writing skills
- Can work overtime, including weekends when needed as well as After-Hours call-outs
- Is reliable and punctual and has excellent work ethics
- Has a stable work history and work references
On the job training will be provided. We offer a competitive wage and future career/skills development. If the above sounds like you, please apply with your resume and a covering letter.
Please note that short-listed candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical that includes drug and alcohol screening.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanics?
- How many years' experience do you have as an automotive mechanic?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?