Research & Development Manager
Advertiser: SentisMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Feb 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Research & Development Manager
Why work for Sentis…?
Sentis is a world leader in the application of psychology and neuroscience to safety and wellbeing in the workplace. We have a strong global footprint and have worked with a variety of clients in 35 countries. To make an impact in this industry and help our clients achieve genuine safety culture change, we must remain at the forefront of safety culture diagnostics. To achieve this, we need your excellent and meticulous research skills and motivation to continue to build on and improve our suite of safety culture and safety leadership assessment products.
We have created a great place to work exemplified by winning the Employee Engagement Award in 2018 (Australia & New Zealand). At Sentis we live by our values of bringing our passion, seeking mastery, owning it and showing we care. We are a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to changing the lives of individuals and organisations for the better, every day by offering client-centred consultation, assessment, training and coaching.
As R & D Manager you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Research Assistants to meet deliverables for large-scale client assessment projects. This will include planning and project management, coordinating work flow, providing technical expertise, guidance and feedback to enhance the development and skill capability within the team. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving our current suite of assessment products, as well as looking for opportunities to build new products to take to market.
What you will do…?
This unique opportunity will see you use your experience in organisational research to take on the following responsibilities:
- Scoping, project-managing, and delivering large-scale client assessment projects
- Planning and conducting research studies involving large aggregate data sets
- Providing guidance on appropriate research methodology to conduct efficacy studies
- Supporting and driving the delivery of new assessment products
- Maintaining and improving our existing Assessment product suite
- Leading, managing and mentoring a team of Research Assistants
- Managing various external contractors
What we need..?
Reporting to the GM of Assessment and Development, we are looking the following skills and attributes:
- Postgraduate qualifications in Industrial/Organisational Psychology.
- Sound knowledge of statistical techniques to analyse survey data, including both descriptive and multivariate techniques.
- Experience with data visualisation tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in developing and validating psychometric assessments.
- Ability to conduct applied organisational research.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical ideas in simple ways.
- Excellent communication skills in order to form and maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience leading a team, ideally in the context of organisational research projects
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise competing demands
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position highly desirable
What Sentis will do..?
Aside from providing a fantastic place to work with excellent employee benefits we will support your professional development and assist you in building your brand and presence within the safety culture space. You will be supported and encouraged to publish material and present studies at national or international conferences.
Working within our busy Brisbane office, you will have a high degree of autonomy as the GM is based interstate, therefore a mature and conscientious approach to your work load and responsibilities is paramount.
If you have a genuine desire to achieve great results and contribute to an organisation that is truly making a difference to lives every day then please apply!
To also find out more about our team and some of the amazing impacts we have on our clients visit: www.sentis.com.au.
Please submit your application, including a cover letter addressing your experience relevant to this position by COB 15th March 2019. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. Some degree of travel will be required in this position.