Heavy Duty Fitter FIFO
Advertiser: Global Civil and MiningMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Feb 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Fitters, Turners & Machinists
Global Civil and Mining is a Perth based international mining and civil engineering contractor. We offer specialist surface mining services to the resources and civil engineering sectors across Australia and Overseas. Our vision is to be recognised as go to experts in milling technology in Civil and Mining applications.
We are seeking a fully qualified and experienced mobile plant Heavy Duty Fitter. This is a varied role responsible for carrying out a range of mechanical and fitting activities to plant and equipment, sub-assemblies and manufactured parts using a range of processes, tools and machines.
The role is predominantly Site FIFO 2:1 roster out of Perth.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Hydraulic and Electrical fault finding.
- Service and repair mobile plant.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position you must/have:
- Relevant trade qualifications, with a minimum of 4 years' post experience
- Ability to work to maintenance repair schedules
- A positive attitude and commitment towards safety
- A willingness to learn and continually develop
- Be a team player and quality focused
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Willing to operate or learn to operate a Surface Miner
Desirable but not essential:
- Wirtgen Surface Mining experience
- Forklift ticket
- Welding experience
- Current HR License
If this is you please apply online via Seek, including your resume detailing your relevant qualifications and experience along with a covering letter outlining why you are applying and what you can bring to the role.
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- How many years' experience do you have as a fitter?
- What's your expected hourly rate?