Catering Kitchen Staff
Advertiser: STREATMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Feb 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Kitchen & Sandwich Hands
STREAT is a Melbourne based social enterprise and has operated its hospitality enterprise to fund and support hospitality training for disadvantaged youth since 2010.
At STREAT Catering, every sandwich, salad, brownie or canape we make directly supports the training and job opportunities of some amazing young people.
Our staff are passionate about food, flavour and fresh ingredients and choose suppliers who care about quality, the planet and supporting local farmers. We make everything from scratch using high quality, seasonal produce.
We’re growing rapidly and currently require experienced catering kitchen staff to join our small, friendly team of chefs, cooks and kitchenhands in our busy kitchen in Collingwood. Working in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen, attention to detail and an easy-going manner are essential. Duties will include catering prep, delivery packing and, most importantly, providing quality kitchen skills training and mentoring to our awesome young people.
Shifts available Mon-Fri from 5am, with occasional off-site function and weekend work a possibility.
- Preparation of daily catering items (e.g. salads, sandwiches, slices)
- Training and mentoring of STREAT's young trainees
- Organising daily task lists and working to deadlines
- Ensuring orders are packed for delivery in an accurate and timely manner
- Food safety monitoring
- Maintaining kitchen facilities and equipment in a clean and tidy state
- Communicating with team members regarding production status
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to start at 5am, sometimes earlier
- Hold a current, manual Victorian driver's license
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Be able to work independently
- Be available to work 5 days a week, predominantly Monday – Friday (occasional weekend work a possibility)
- Be efficient, accurate and thorough.
You must have the unrestricted right to work in Australia. You will also require a current Working with Children Check.
If you have the required skills and experience and are looking for a role with an opportunity to make a real difference, please apply below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?