APPLICATIONS CLOSED Front of House Team Leader
Advertiser: Wooden Boat CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Feb 2019
- Central & South East TAS
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
About the business
The Wooden Boat Centre (WBC) is a registered not- for- profit charity organisation on the banks of the Huon River in Franklin, Tasmania. The WBC promotes and shares the skills and craft of wooden boat building through education, restoration and building of new boats.
Supported by a tight knit community including people from around the world, the WBC relies heavily on volunteers and lovers of wooden boats. We aim to work collaboratively with other community groups to revitalise and maintain the working waterfront of Franklin. Over the years, the WBC has fostered wonderful relationships with the Australian Wooden Boat Festival, the Hobart City Council, Huon Valley Council, Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding in Washington as well as local and national community leaders.
The WBC is now looking for a Front of House Team Leader who can help drive the growth of the business in order to create a sustainable institution within the Huon Valley and an institution that participates within the international wooden boat community.
About the role
The Wooden Boat Centre's front of house team leader is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the retail and volunteer aspects of the WBC in collaboration with the WBC Operations Manager.
The role of the front of house team leader is to lead a diverse group of staff and volunteers as the WBC continues to maintain and grow its presence in both the Huon Valley of Tasmania but also within the international wooden boat community.
Whilst the front of house team leader role includes a range of operational activities such as volunteer coordination, retail coordination and stock management; the role also includes collaboration with a range of both internal and external stakeholders to expand WBC's operations.
The front of house team leader's position is crucial to the success of the WBC.
Skills and experience
The position requires:
Mandatory requirements – please address each of the following criteria in your application
- The ability to work with, liaise with and lead a diverse group of staff, volunteers and stakeholders – including experience in conflict resolution
- Well-developed communication skills to foster an open and inclusive community-based work culture
- Experience in handling customer enquiries including tour groups and large bookings
- Experience in rostering staff and volunteers – up to 30 people
- Experience in stock management – including pricing, ordering and stocktake
- A sound understanding of the implementation of work, health and safety practices
- Experience in working with committees/boards/management to develop, implement and achieve strategic planning objectives and goals
- Experience in tourism
- Experience in Point of Sale systems
- Experience in social media and website updates
- The Front of House Team Leader reports directly to the WBC Operations Manager
- The Front of House Team Leader is the direct report for all volunteers
Hours of work
This role is a part time role of 22.5 hours per week – with the expectation that the Front of House Team Leader will be available out of standard operating hours for engagements such as afternoon/evening and weekend work as required. A time in lieu system will be implemented.
How to apply
Apply online via Seek.com.au
If you have questions regarding the position, please address these to the committee via email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?