Advertiser: Little Athletics SAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Feb 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Volunteer Coordination & Support
PURPOSE OF THE ORGANISATION
Little Athletics is a uniquely Australian sport for children aged 3-17 years. As the name suggests, it is based upon the sport of athletics (track and field) and the events are specially modified to suit the ages and abilities of children. A wide range of running, jumping, throwing and walking events is conducted.
Little Aths, as it is affectionately referred to by those who enjoy it, is not really about winning, but about having fun, making friends and getting families involved in healthy activities. The emphasis is placed on participation and personal improvement. It is little surprise then that the motto of Little Athletics is: "Family, Fun and Fitness".
Little Athletics recognises that children vary widely in shape, size and athletic ability, and is thus one of few sports that successfully caters for them all.
There are more than 50 affiliated Little Athletics centres in South Australia and each year, approximately 7,000 boys and girls enjoy the activities that Little Athletics has to offer.
Volunteers, whether it be as a coach, official, committee member or in another capacity, are a significant part of Little Athletics and are crucial to the longevity of the sport. Without volunteers, athletes would not have the opportunity to participate in the wonderful activities that Little Athletics provides.
Therefore, the Volunteer Coordinator will play a pivotal role for Little Athletics SA and its affiliated centres, as they will be responsible for identifying key recruitment, retention and reward strategies for volunteers, as well as investigating and delivering effective training strategies that focuses on safety, community engagement, and develops the culture of volunteering. The Volunteer Coordinator will also play a vital role in supporting Little Athletics centres to develop sound administrative practices for long-term sustainability and viability.
This position is a 2-day per week role, situated at the Little Athletics SA office at the SA Athletics Stadium, Mile End. The role requires a clear thinker who is fluent in English and demonstrates versatility, excellent communication, and an ability to build strong relationships.
- Develop a long-term strategy for the management of volunteers.
- Research and develop strategies for volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Develop, review and manage policies, procedures and standards for volunteers.
- Manage the volunteer database and records.
- Train and upskill new and current volunteers.
- Implement, promote and evaluate WHS policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement volunteer succession planning.
- Build strong relationships with affiliated centres and their volunteers.
- Support affiliated centres to develop sound administrative practices in the areas of incorporation, insurance, constitution and committees and ensure they understand the legal responsibilities of each.
- Support affiliated centres to meet affiliation requirements, as set by Little Athletics SA.
- Other duties as requested by Little Athletics SA.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful applicants MUST have experience in volunteer management.
- Good understanding of volunteers needs and motivations, and understand their importance to the sport of Little Athletics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Good time and resource management skills, combined with high organisation skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- The ability to be resourceful and use good analytical skills
- Excellent administration, organisational and computer skills.
- Up-to-date DHS Police Clearance (formerly known as DCSI).
- Up-to-date First Aid Certificate (or willingness to attain).
- Ability to perform some out of hours work.
- Ability to perform intrastate travel as required.
- Recognised tertiary qualification in Sport and Recreation Management or a relevant discipline.
- Recognised Athletics Coaching Qualification.
- Previous experience in a 'sports' related industry.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply.
Applications will close on Friday 29th March 2019.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?