GIVIT Engagement Coordinator
Advertiser: GIVIT Listed LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Mar 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- 0.6 FTE 9 month contract$80,000 p.a. pro rata.
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
GIVIT is a national not-for-profit connecting those who have with those who need, through its website www.givit.org.au. GIVIT's vision is to match generosity with genuine need by inspiring and connecting an online network of givers through leading edge technology and social media platforms. Through its website, more than 2,500 trusted Australian charities are supported as they request essential, quality items on behalf of their clients. Since 2009, more than 1,000,000 items have been donated via GIVIT to assist Australians in need.
Are you a talented, warm and friendly process driven Manager who has a passion for helping others, working with people, children and systems?
Do you thrive on supporting those in need, buying locally and working in a dynamic, exciting and fast paced environment that can make a difference in the lives of Australians?
If you are this person, then we need to meet!
The purpose of this role is to raise awareness of GIVIT throughout Western Australian schools to inspire and engage the next generation of philanthropists; and recruit new charities to the GIVIT platform.
Reports To: National Stakeholder Manager
Key Performance Outcomes
- Instigate and foster relations with schools, with a view to leveraging broader school communities into a source of donations for GIVIT, through new and innovative engagement strategies.
- Build GIVIT’s profile and raise awareness of GIVIT amongst the charity sector throughout WA with the aim of having charities register with GIVIT and for their staff to commence requesting items on behalf of their clients.
- Develop and build GIVIT’s reputation and relationships across all stakeholder groups, ensuring the organisation’s brand is protected and enhanced.
Marketing and Communications
- Work with GIVIT’s marketing and communication team to raise awareness of GIVIT across WA and utilise opportunities to fill requests through promotion of both urgent need and donation opportunities.
- Represent GIVIT in a variety of settings, including media opportunities, public forums and conferences as required.
- Identify social media opportunities, take photographs and regularly feed this information through to the marketing and communication team.
- Identify opportunities for research and evaluate the services offered by GIVIT; and input into best practice and new/improved models of service.
- Provide advice, regular updates and reports to the National Stakeholder Manager and other senior staff at GIVIT as required.
- Train charity users in the use of the GIVIT system to request items and provide support for their ongoing use.
- Role-model behaviours that demonstrate a high level of performance and integrity.
- Adhere to all organisational policies, procedures, standards and practices.
- Act with honesty, integrity and good faith at all times to advance GIVIT objectives, values and reputation.
- Highly developed relationship management skills and an ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Exceptional project management skills, including demonstrated capacity in planning, implementing, reviewing and achieving project goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including clients, employees and contractors.
- Demonstrates an ability to work quickly and effectively in a small and dynamic work environment with limited resources and response timeframes.
- Excellent administration skills including excellent application skills in the MS Office suite and the ability to learn the GIVIT donor management system.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Competent and effective media spokesperson and confident public speaker.
- Current drivers licence
- A “can do” attitude, warm personality and drive to make a real difference in local communities!
Qualifications / Memberships
- Experience working within a not-for-profit, school or volunteer based organisations.
- Experience in managing government contracted services and commitments.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
The role will focus on school engagement - meeting with relevant staff within schools and driving relationships to generate donation flow from the broader school community. The position would develop strategies and materials to target schools to enhance GIVIT’s reputation and devise campaigns and events to stimulate donations.
The role will involve engaging new charities and community partners to utilise the GIVIT platform to help provide essential items for those in need as well as re-engaging dormant partners and providing training and development for users.
The GIVIT Engagement Coordinator will undertake extensive local travel to meet with schools and charities throughout Western Australia and work closely with all members of the GIVIT team to source donations from community and corporate donors. The position will also be a local media spokesperson for GIVIT.
Please upload your CV and a Cover Letter (essential) to Sarah Tennant.
Applications close March 21st, 2019.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?