Food and Beverage Service Attendants - Casual - Multiple Positions
Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway (PBR) is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, PBR attracts a large number of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Role
Due to unprecedented growth we require experienced Food and Beverage Service Attendants working on a casual basis to provide exceptional customer service to visitors on our dining trains and at functions. Availability to work day or night, weekends and public holidays as necessary is required.
Key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Provide food and beverage service to our catered train visitors;
- Strong communication, organisational and personal skills are essential; and
- Ability to work as part of a team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for friendly, customer service orientated people who are looking for casual hours and/or the chance to skip the daily city commute and work closer to home! Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Are self-motivated, hard-working and thrive in a busy environment
- Are keen, reliable and able to work well in a team
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Hold a current Food Handlers Certificate
For further information and a position description see our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/.
Applications will be assessed as received – forward your resume and cover letter via Seek explaining why you would be the ideal candidate as a food and beverage attendant.
Please note: Before commencing, you will need to hold a current employee Working with Children Check, participate in a National Criminal History Check and participate in a Category 3 Rail Safety Health Assessment Medical.
So what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
You will be joining a child-safe organisation and as such all employees and volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?