Senior Grounds Officer
Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
Our School campus caters for students from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12, blending period architecture with exciting contemporary design and state-of-the-art facilities.
About the Role
Reporting into the Assistant Property Manager, the Senior Grounds Officer is responsible for maintaining the high standard, appearance and presentation of the School gardens and grounds.
To view a copy of the position description, go to our careers page: https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties
- Extensive experience in the development and maintenance of large gardens, parks or open space areas (essential)
- A minimum of 5 years’ horticultural experience and/or relevant industry experience in a similar role (essential)
- Previous experience with hard landscape construction (retaining walls, paving etc.)
- Knowledge and skills in safe operation, care and maintenance of machinery and equipment (essential)
- Thorough knowledge of plant and turf maintenance
- Knowledge and of chemicals and relevant application techniques (essential)
- Experience working in School Environments (desirable)
- Knowledge and appreciation of OH&S (essential)
- Have sound mechanical knowledge (desirable)
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Diploma or above in Horticulture or Parks and Garden (essential)
- Current driver’s license (essential)
- Possess or willing to obtain a Working with Children Check at own cost (essential)
- Be willing to obtain a Police Check at own cost if successful (essential)
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply for this job' button and submit a current resume.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a gardener?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?
- What's your expected annual base salary?