- Job Listing Date
- 4 Mar 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- With super and salary sacrifice $64,834 - $76,809
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Barnardos, one of Australia's leading not-for-profit organisations, The role is permanent full-time (35hrs) and is based at one of our Penrith offices within the Western Sydney area.
Barnardos is one of Australia's leading not for profit organisations. The role is within the ever expanding Narang Bir-rong program which was established in 2008 and provides Family Support Services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Families in the Western Sydney/Nepean Blue Mountains communities as well as Out of Home Care placements for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people who cannot remain at home due to abuse and/or neglect.
About the role
The role will ensure high quality provision of administrative support including reception duties, minute taking, financial (book keeping, purchase orders, petty cash etc), switchboard operation and filing to support service delivery to the programs within the Narang Bir-rong service.
Benefits and perks
We have a supportive, family-like team environment and as Narang Bir-rong is an ever growing program we pride ourselves in our ability to provide on the job training and lots of room for employees to grow and develop themselves for future career progression.
Skills and experience
As the face and often the first to represent the program the successful applicant must be able to meet the below essential criteria:
- Qualifications in administration or similar field.
- Experience in book keeping/accounts/petty cash.
- Experience in customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs especially excel, word and publisher.
- Mature outlook and well-developed communication skills.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Current NSW driver's licence and use of a registered passenger vehicle.
- Knowledge of the child and family welfare system for Aboriginal people.
- Experience using MYOB or Xero software.
- Varied professional and general life experience.
Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised in Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Applicants will be subject to a working with children's check and a national police check which is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work.
Please direct all enquiries to Jamie Upton, Operations Manager via: firstname.lastname@example.org or to send your application with your current resume and a covering letter addressing the essential criteria. Your application will not be considered without a cover letter addressing the essential criteria points above.
Applications close 31st March 2019 at 5pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?