Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: TABMA GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Mar 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
The Timber and Building Materials Association (Australia) is a trade association providing multiple services to its members including a workplace advice line, a WHS inspection service and advice on credit risk management. TABMA (Australia) is well-established in its field and is governed by a passionate Board of Directors who are all senior managers in its member organisations. The Board is seeking an innovative and commercially experienced Chief Executive Officer.
TABMA (Australia) is based in Sydney and heads the TABMA Group comprised of the Association and three other companies. There are two Group Training Organisations which are based in Sydney and Brisbane respectively and which employ apprentices and trainees across Australia. There is also a Registered Training Organisation which services the whole of Australia.
Due to the complexity of the Group’s operations and the changing market place experienced both by the Group and its members, the skills and experience a successful CEO would possess are as follows:
- A knowledge of an association together with an understanding and sensitivity to mutuality coupled with a commercially astute outlook;
- Ability to formulate and deliver a financially sustainable strategic plan which engages and maximises all the components of the Group whilst keeping member interests at its heart;
- A high level of relationship building and stakeholder management skills which reach out across other associations, current and potential members and current and potential clients;
- Ability to manage and motivate a diverse and multi-disciplinary management team. This would include the implementation of a performance management framework;
- Ensuring that the new systems implemented by the Group are utilised to provide timely and trusted management information;
- Ability to actively seek out, assess and implement opportunities to maximise revenue streams and make cost savings.
The role requires a leader who is inclusive and collaborative and who can foster a constructive and professional workplace culture. Commercial acuity and financial literacy are a must along with high standards of integrity.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience in the association space coupled with a knowledge of the timber and/or building materials industry. Expertise in the GTO or RTO space would also be highly desirable.
An attractive salary package is negotiable along with a car allowance.
If you think this is a good fit for you, please apply by providing a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role and your up to date resume.
If you would like a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Cate Peat, Finance Manager, on 02 9277 3188.
Applications close: Friday 29 March 2019
No agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?