RADIOTHON FUNDRAISING MANAGER
Advertiser: JOY 94.9More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Fundraising
Expectations of hours / term
FT / PT April to June 2019
Fixed term contract - exact dates/hours by negotiation
JOY 9.49 Station premises (Melbourne CBD)
JOY 94.9 – Australia’s LGBTI radio station is a high profile community station located in Melbourne and streaming live around the world. The station is looking for an enthusiastic, well-organised Radiothon Fundraising Manager to lead the JOY 94.9 annual on-air fundraiser Radiothon. This is a critical role for JOY, responsible for delivering our most significant annual fundraiser for a station that is truly unique in the Australia media landscape.
To work as the Radiothon Fundraising Manager to lead the JOY 94.9 annual 2019 on-air fundraiser radiothon.
The role includes:
- Working with the Acting CEO and Programme Director at JOY to design the 2019 JOY 94.9 Radiothon theme and strategy.
- Leading a of team over 150 on air volunteer broadcasters through an exciting schedule of on air and off air activities.
- Liaising with staff and volunteer managers to brief and coach volunteer teams on all promotional activities.
- Liaising with key patrons and stakeholders.
- Providing statistical and other reports to team manager as required
- Fundraising experience
- Massive amounts of enthusiasm for JOY 94.9 and our mission
- Impeccable administration skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- First class communication with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Strong people management experience
- Empathy, sensitivity and understanding of the LGBTI+ communities
- Commitment to JOY’s values (Joyous, Inclusive & Courageous)
- Good working knowledge of JOY 94.9 and/or other comparable community radio stations
JOY 94.9 is Australia’s LGBTI+ community radio station - broadcasting from Melbourne, and around the world online. With over 530,000 listeners*, 2000 members, 260 volunteersand 7 staff – the JOY mission is to make Australia a more inclusive place to live.
For more information - please contact Acting CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Growing at an annual rate of +25% a year!