Management Accountant / Business Analyst Role
Advertiser: OBE Beef Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Mar 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Analysis & Reporting
About the business and the role
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT INNOVATION BOOST
- Premium food company
- Analysis & innovation focus
- Training & CPD supported
- Modern office in perfect Fortitude Valley location
- Purpose-driven business
We are seeking an accountant from a food processing background who is ready to take their analytical and innovation skills to the next level with a company that aims to make a difference.
A little about OBE Organic
OBE Organic is Australia’s oldest organic beef marketing company, selling premium organic beef to rapidly growing markets in Australia, US, Asia and the Middle East.
OBE is an agile purpose-driven business aiming to make an impact far beyond its size.
It has a leading beef industry sustainability program, was the first Australian beef company to join the UN Global Compact and was one of the first agribusinesses to have a Reconciliation Action Plan. Its leadership in these and other areas has been recognised through numerous awards.
The Management Accountant / Business Analyst position is an exciting newly created role designed to drive OBE Organic's analytic focus. The role will be responsible for the business specific reporting and maintaining the systems infrastructure. This position is expected to be able to work both independently and under the direction of the Financial Manager.
- Develop, Design and Maintain Live Dashboards.
- Explore and develop system functionality, in conjunction with the team to assist in delivering business outcomes.
- Continuous improvement in integrations between internal and external systems for best in class data management.
- Develop meaningful reports to assist and drive the business forward.
- Continually auditing the integrity of reports used to make business decisions.
- Undertake various tasks/reporting as assigned.
Financial Business Analysis / Projects
- Prepare analysis on business processes.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting.
- Other projects as directed.
Information Systems support
- Liaise with the team to support their information system’s needs.
- Work with the outsourced IT support to get best outcomes for the business needs.
Skills and Experience
- CPA / CA qualified or close to completion.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in food processing / trading would be highly regarded.
- Prior experience with Netsuite is preferred.
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and ability to quickly learn related software.
- Experience in the administration of financial system infrastructure.
- Attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and effective time management.
- Ability to adapt to change and adjust processes accordingly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job benefits and perks
- Heavy investment in staff training and CPD.
- A short stroll to James Street, the Valley Pool and Fortitude Valley Train Station.
- Three year old modern office and ergonomic work space.
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered.
- Wheelchair access.
Employees at OBE believe in the following values
- Continuous improvement and change.
- Continuing professional development.
- Communicating openly.
- Culture of innovation.
- Caring and trust.
We encourage candidates who hold similar personal and professional values with relevant experience to apply.
Why not follow us on facebook and twitter?
We look forward to receipt of your application via seek.com.au. Your application should include a cover letter and clearly show your experience in each of the core responsibilities of this role.
Applications close 30 March 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial analyst?