Advertiser: Premiair Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Mar 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Technicians
PremiAir is one of Australia's leading Hire/Rental companies. We specialise in the hire, service and sales of air compressors, generators, welding equipment, lighting towers, message boards and traffic management systems. At PremiAir Hire we are committed to providing our customers with unrivalled service excellence and efficient solutions.
The company now has a position available for a hardworking and reliable Service Mechanic for immediate start to join our busy team based in Newcastle.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Perform scheduled maintenance services on hire equipment
- Onsite maintenance and repairs as required
- Ensure returned hire items are checked, assessed and documented
- Wash bay duties ensuring all equipment is cleaned
- Carry out equipment deliveries and pick-ups as needed
- Load and unload trucks
- Ensuring smooth operations in the workshop
- Other duties as required from time-to-time
We are seeking a person with the following attributes:
- Trade Qualified - Diesel Mechanic/Heavy Vehicle or similar
- Dual trade auto electrical or electrician desired but not essential
- A forklift licence is essential
- MR licence preferred but not essential
- Has a valid and current drivers licence
- Can work unsupervised and can follow instructions
- Is self-motivated and takes pride in their work
- Is reliable, punctual and has excellent work ethics
- Works with a sense of urgency and a can-do attitude
- Is focused on providing the best service to our customers
- Can work overtime, including weekends when needed
- Can be included on rotating on-call roster
- Has a stable work history and can provide previous work references
On the job training will be provided. We offer a competitive wage and future career/skills development. If the above sounds like you, please apply with your resume and a covering letter.
Please note: the preferred candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical that includes drug and alcohol screening
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service technician?
- Do you hold a current electrical licence?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?