Service Desk Team MemberPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
intelligence |innovation | integrity |inspiration
We are a leading technology company which is uniquely positioned to offer lottery and gaming organizations across geographies market-tested & state-of the-art software & hardware solutions and retail operational expertise.
We are a multinational corporation, active in 52 regulated jurisdictions around the globe. With €1.1 billion turnover in 2017 and a global workforce of approximately 5,100 employees (3,100 of which in subsidiaries and 2000 in associates), INTRALOT is an innovation – driven corporation focusing its product development on the customer experience.
In Intralot Australia, we are part global Intralot Group based in Athens. We provide the monitoring system and full operational support for the Victorian State Government for all pub and club electronic gaming machines in Victoria. We are also the provider of system support and maintenance for Lotterywest of Western Australia.
With 50 staff in Melbourne and 4 in Perth we are working hard to establish a culture that reflects our values, one where we have a reputation for a superior service and can have fun at the same time. We are also proud of our diversity: from age, gender and cultural background, we have a breadth of perspectives, knowledge and opinions.
Do visit our website or LinkedIn pages for additional info!
What are we looking for?
Are you a motivated and driven person with a proven IT background or an ace customer service consultant with a passion for IT? We are offering a career path for a hardworking and professional candidate commencing at the coal face – in our Service Desk providing Technical Service Support to nearly 500 gaming venues in Victoria.
What will your day look like?
After making your espresso at our coffee machine it’s time start your day. For the majority of it you’re likely to be responding to incoming calls from our venues. This will require you to apply your customer service skills in the provision of technical resolution. You will be required to determine escalation of issues and liaise with our internal teams to resolve issues effectively.
The food cart will provide you with the pep up that you need to ensure you are able to correctly identify and isolate points of failure and resolve incidents where possible. Maintaining impeccable performance standards is imperative, we work 24/7 to ensure our gaming monitoring platform is fully functional at all times. We are not afraid of ideas and welcome your experience.
When the day wraps up, jump on your bike or into your car from our downstairs carpark – we are a hop, skip and a jump from the Westgate and Tullamarine freeways based in Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne.
The detail – what are we looking for?
Ideally you will have a degree or formal IT qualification and a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, with proven experience in customer service. You will have demonstrable problem solving skills. Your ability to communicate at all levels and have a can do attitude is key.
This role currently operates on a 24/7 rotating roster model (morning, afternoon and evening shifts), working 4 days on and 4 days off (and a make up shift throughout the month).
You will be customer service oriented and passionate about working in a high performance culture. Our aim is to provide a world class experience to our customers through our professional, timely and efficient service standards.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with unrestricted and unlimited work rights. A National Police Check is also required prior to commencement.
From a technical perspective you will have excellent knowledge of:
- Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an IT Service Desk role, with proven experience in providing technical instruction to remote customers
- Experience with a call centre telephony system (Genesys or similar)
- Experience in ticketing systems (Jira, Siebel or similar)
- Internet routing knowledge highly regarded
- Highly regarded would be a background in gaming services
… as a person…
- Working collaboratively will be second nature to you, as we work, above everything else, as a TEAM! Thus, your ability to communicate at all levels is key to our opening!
- You are a customer-oriented person: Our goal is to provide a world class experience to our customers through our professional, timely and efficient service standards
- You are also passionate about contributing to a high-performance working culture! Indeed, you are eager to identify possible areas for improvement and find solutions to everyday problems that may come up
- Finally, if you are distinguished for your technology enthusiast attitude, you will be at the right place to work!
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with unrestricted and unlimited work rights. A National Police Check is also required.
Our Company offers:
Our vision is to attract and develop the most talented people in the IT industry and to provide all the necessary means and procedures to support them, not only to fill their job description bur also to go above and beyond expectations!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any employment practices specifically for any protected attribute under Australian law. Our premises provides easy access to people with disabilities.
How did we do?
If this job sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
Agencies, we've got this one for now. Please refrain from contacting us.
Applications close: 26 March 2019 at 5pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?