General Manager - Federal Golf Club
Advertiser: Federal Golf ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Mar 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Federal Golf Club prides itself in being a hospitable and friendly Club for members and visitors who can enjoy playing and socializing in a warm and welcoming environment. The Club is located in the heart of Canberra City, five minutes from Parliament House.
The 18-hole championship course offers pristine Santa Ana couch fairways and quality bent grass greens. The course is set in beautiful bushland surrounds with grand views of the Brindabella Ranges making the Federal Golf Club a very special place. The Club has a proud professional golfing history having played host to several major tournaments over the years.
The golf course is complemented by a welcoming clubhouse with a comprehensive range of hospitality services. Federal was awarded the 2018 Best Wedding Venue Golf Club in Canberra, “Brides Choice Award” and has a highly professional events team to oversee all elements of corporate golf, private functions and business seminars.
The Club is substantially advanced with an Over 55’s Retirement Village Development having lodged a Development Application with the ACT Government in March 2018. A decision on the application is expected in the latter part of 2019.
The Club is seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced person to fill the position of General Manager.
Reporting to the Board, the General Manager will lead all areas within the Club and will be supported by excellent departmental heads including a Golf Operations Manager, a Course Superintendent and House & Events Manager who are all answerable to the General Manager.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Significant management and proven business experience;
- Commercial acumen with the ability to drive business development and grow revenue streams;
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills with a demonstrated ability to manage human resources;
- Proven financial management skills;
- Demonstrated member service skills and marketing experience with a strong focus on improvement in all areas of club operations.
- Strategic thinking with demonstrated ability to convert strategy into business operations;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage members and the wider community;
- Experience in Company Secretary role and all corporate governance processes;
- Current RSA and relevant workplace certificates;
- Experience in golfing industry is preferred.
A remuneration package will be negotiated that reflects the demands and responsibilities of the position and the relevant attributes of the successful applicant.
Federal Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
All applications should be addressed in strictest confidence to the President, Federal Golf Club and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 22 March 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?