Interpreter - Turkish
Advertiser: DPV HEALTH LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Other
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and well being services.
At DPV Health we strive ourselves on being inclusive and celebrating the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about helping to support people to lead happy healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disability, LGBTIQ, and newly arrived communities.
A little about the role
You are a certified interpreter proficient in interpreting the Turkish language to English and vice-versa, a pivotal role that enables non-English speaking clients to access our services. Your day to day responsibilities will include
- Conducting interpreting in a professional manner to the accredited NAATI standards
- Facilitating client access to service delivery such as confirming appointments
- Demonstrated flexibility to support client preferences for interpreting settings (face to face, telephone)
- Liaison with a broad range of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders
With prior experience interpreting in a community health setting, you will also come with:
- Current NAATI Certification in the Turkish Language at the level of Certified Interpreter
- Understanding of and commitment to the AUSIT Code of Conduct
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build client rapport and a culture of trust
- A client-focused attitude and a commitment that your interpreting enhances the ability for clients to aspire to better health outcomes
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- DPV Day – We invest a whole day off site for all staff for an interactive, informative and engaging day of workshops, strategic plan presentations and lots more!
The fine print
- Applications close Friday 22nd March 2019
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Policy Check, hold a valid WWCC and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Full driver license and travel between sites required
- Please contact Michelle Crook, Health Information Manager on Michelle.Crook@dpvhealth.org.au for any further job details
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply now!
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Check, hold a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, full Drivers Licence and work rights for Australia.
DPV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring we have an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace for our staff and clients. To us diversity means people of any age, family situation, cultural and linguistic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical sex characteristics, ability or disability, health, life experience, socio-economic situation, faith, spirituality and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We encourage all individuals to apply.