Refugee Asylum Seeker Social Worker
Advertiser: DPV HEALTH LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Indigenous & Multicultural Services
Part Time .80EFT, Fixed Term till April 2020
Your New Organisation
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health we strive ourselves on being inclusive and celebrating the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about helping to support people to lead happy healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disability, LGBTIQ, and newly arrived communities.
A little about the role
DPV Health is seeking a qualified social worker to join our team supporting Refugees and people seeking Asylum. Your will be responsible for:
- Ensuring cross-culturally informed intake assessment of new referrals
- Undertaking a collaborative, comprehensive assessment to identify complex mental health needs
- Providing therapeutic support, advocacy and referrals.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Social Work
- Can fulfil the requirements of the AASW
- Have well developed clinical skills and a demonstrated ability to support clients with complex needs
- Have prior experience working as a social worker in a community setting with newly arrived refugees and people seeking asylum.
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- DPV Day – We invest a whole day off site for all staff for an interactive, informative and engaging day of workshops, strategic plan presentations and lots more!
The fine print
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Policy Check, hold a valid WWCC and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Full driver license and travel between sites required
- You may be asked to either provide or register for a Medicare and MBS provider number and agree to donate the total amount from this work to DPV Health.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply now!
- Please send your application to email@example.com by the closing date Friday 22nd March 2019
- To view the position description, please visit the Get Involved > Employment page on the DPV Health Website at https://dpvhealth.org.au/get-involved/employment/
- For further enquires contact: Team Leader Maree Kendall on 8 301 8829
- Applicants must provide their resume as well as providing a brief statement addressing the ‘Key Selection Criteria’ outlined in the position description
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Check, hold a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, full Drivers Licence and work rights for Australia.
DPV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring we have an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace for our staff and clients. To us diversity means people of any age, family situation, cultural and linguistic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical sex characteristics, ability or disability, health, life experience, socio-economic situation, faith, spirituality and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We encourage all individuals to apply.