Advertiser: Keep NSW BeautifulMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Mar 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $55,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
Keep Australia Beautiful NSW is the state's leading not-for-profit environmental organisation.
We are currently seeking applications for a driven, self motivated Term Two Sustainability Educator to deliver our EnviroMentors incursion program to students across the state.
The role is a great opportunity to work as a teacher in a different setting, and travel to areas of NSW you might not ordinarily see.
The role will include:
- Delivering high quality face to face environmental education to predominantly primary school students throughout NSW.
- Assisting in maintaining a high quality environmental education program.
- Assisting in the client, school and community bookings process.
- Work collaboratively with the existing team.
The role starts at the end of April, training will be provided.
- Bachelor of Teaching, Grad Dip Education or equivalent (high school or primary)
- Demonstrated experience in education and/or behaviour change activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to quickly establish a rapport with students from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Awareness and understanding of current issues in the environmental and waste sectors
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a member of an established team.
- Valid Class C Drivers Licence.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience in working in outdoor or mobile settings.
Please be aware this position is based in Sydney however does involve weeks away teaching in regional NSW. Vehicle will be provided and travel costs covered.
Applications close Friday 29th March 2019.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter as a PDF briefly addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any enquiries about the position can be directed to Hailey on (02) 8594 4055.
NB: Only those persons selected for interview will be contacted.