Executive ChefPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Mar 2019
- Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
Martha Cove Marina, a multimillion-dollar development will opens his very first venue in April 2019. This prestigious marina will give home to a brand new state of the art restaurant, a provedore and a specialty bottle shop.
The restaurant will focus on a bistro style dining with a Mediterranean flare.
The food offering will be centred on a spectacular wood fire powered grill, locally sourced seasonal produce, bespoke drink menu and exceptional customer experience.
Our successful Australian Hospitality Group is seeking a proactive Executive Chef to join our preopening team at Martha Cove Marina. Reporting directly to Senior Venue Manager, you will be leading your team throughout the pre-and post-opening period.
You will be responsible for the company legislative requirements and the brand/venue reputation. Utilising your collaborative, energetic, hands-on approach you will be a talented skilled leader, a trainer, a coach and excel at achieving results in a complex multi-faceted operation.
Skills you must have:
- Experience in restaurant opening,
- Hatted, fine dining experience,
- Excellent knowledge of modern and traditional European and Mediterranean cuisine,
- Strong cooking skills with seafood, meat and seasonal fresh produce,
- Excellent people and communication skills,
- Experience in seasonal menu design, costing and menu engineering,
- Exceptional analytical and financial skills,
- Ability to operate an online management system,
- A collaborative approach to key stakeholders.
To be considered for this fantastic leadership role, you will require the following:
- Strong Functions and events delivery knowledge
- Confidence in training and developing large chef teams
- Ability to deliver on budget targets, KPI's and reporting requirements
- Adhere to company and industry policies and procedures
- Develop a strong rapport with staff, management, clientele and the local community
- Excellent reporting & communication skills to the head office
- Helping to build on sales growth and profitability the kitchen department
- Be a flexible, hands on, energetic and proactive leader
- Australian Resident
- A minimum of 2 years head chef or executive chef experience
- Hold all relevant and current industry licences and certificates
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef seeking a new challenge with a progressive Group that will appreciate and value your contribution.
We are an Australian hospitality group operating Queensland, NSW and Victoria. We are working directly with the largest marina group in Australia - d’Albora Marinas.
We are dynamic, innovative and customer focused, and we love to nurture talents and create future leaders for our business.
If you feel that you possess the necessary skills to fulfil this role successfully, please send your confidential application to firstname.lastname@example.org