Maintenance Supervisor / Handy Person
Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, Puffing Billy Railway attracts large numbers of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a reliable Handy Person/Maintenance Supervisor to undertake upkeep and repair tasks of the interior and exterior of the extensive buildings and grounds associated with PBR. We will rely on you to keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various maintenance jobs and co-ordinating external trades where needed.
Deft hands and technical knowledge will be important tools of the trade for the successful applicant. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job. An appreciation and respect for the heritage appearance of many of our buildings is an important part of the role.
Reporting to the Way and Works Manager, this role would suit a maintenance all rounder who enjoys the challenge of no two days looking alike.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Respond to, prioritise and see to completion maintenance issues and repairs;
- Handle basic all-round maintenance duties;
- Keep documentation of work untaken;
- Manage relationships with external contractors; and
- Establish and manage preventative maintenance schedules and programs
This is a unique opportunity for a friendly, energetic, hardworking individual with great communication skills. As a well organised self-starter, you will be able to work with limited supervision.
You will have:
- A Minimum 2 years of general maintenance and/or repair experience with a good all-round knowledge of maintenance procedure,
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or building regulations
- Experience in all or some of the following: building, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, general repairs
- Great time management, organisational skills and apt in problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders at multiple level
Please note: Before commencing, you will need to hold a full driver’s licence, current employee Working with Children Check, participate in a National Criminal History Check and participate in a Category 3 Rail Safety Health Assessment Medical.
For further information and a position description see our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/.
Apply via Seek by forwarding your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for this role. Applications will be assessed as received.
So what are you waiting for? If you are a looking for a new challenge in a unique environment - Apply Now!
You will be joining a child-safe organisation and as such all employees and volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance supervisor?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?