Advertiser: PD LawMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Mar 2019
- Northern QLD
- $45,000 - $49,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
About the business
PD Law strives to be a business set apart from the traditional law firm. We've made it our mission to make a dent in the provision of traditional legal services by challenging established methods of service offerings and delivery.
About the role
We're chasing a graduate who has an interest in family law and estate planning. You'll be joining a strong diverse team of lawyers and will work with our experienced family and estate planning lawyers.
You'll need to adapt quickly, run on high revs, and still be grace under pressure. From day one you'll need to support the team in various roles ranging from assisting client on-boarding, research, drafting, meeting with clients, and general case management.
Importantly, you'll be across the challenges facing the legal industry, and looking to join a team that's alive to these challenges. Embracing change, you'll have a real desire to leverage tech to make you a better lawyer. You're acutely aware that there's no "I" in "team", the learning curve will be steep, and you're prepared to work hard and be passionate, driven and mindful about your future with us.
Also, you're smart enough to know that if you really want to take your career seriously, you need to grab the good opportunities when they present themselves.
This is one of them.
Benefits and perks
- Supercharge your career growth and exposure to real life matters;
- Work with people who love their work, and not people who wish they were somewhere else.
- Our office is on the beach, in the Whitsundays, next to a cool cafe.
- We literally walk the talk, encouraging lunchtime exercise, whether that be a 5 km power walk along the esplanade to a nearby marina, or pulling out the stand up paddle boards, before showering and hitting your files actually revitalized for the afternoon.
- Our airports connect us to every major city on the eastern seaboard.
Skills and experience
Bonus points if you have:
- completed your PLT
- some legal placement experience.
- Have you completed a qualification in law?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?