Advertiser: Teys Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Mar 2019
- Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
Teys Australia is an Australian owned and operated business with more than 70 years’ experience in delivering protein food solutions to our customers. Teys Australia operates in the FMCG space and is the leading, innovative supplier of red meat solutions. We are geographically located with 13 sites located along the eastern seaboard of Australia including 6 modern beef processing plants, 3 feedlots, a hides processing facility as well as value add operations and logistics.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about sustainable foods and want to make a difference? If so, Teys wants you.
The Australia beef industry is undergoing transformation change, working towards carbon neutrality by 2030 and implementation of the Australian Beef Sustainability Framework. With group wide carbon and water targets in place, Teys are positioned as the leading processor to take the industry forward. To support this commitment Teys are looking for a talented Sustainability Engineer to join our Rockhampton Team.
As Sustainability Engineer you will be responsible for managing and implementing initiatives to reduce energy, water, GHG emissions and other natural resources (such as packaging waste). The role will focus on driving positive change and achieving site specific targets in pursuit of Teys Australia corporate resource efficiency targets.
Your responsibilities will include delivering and managing the timely and quality delivery of sustainability initiatives, project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and performance targets, while exceeding expectations. You will work in collaboration with other business units such as production, maintenance, quality assurance and environment to ensure Teys Rockhampton meet and exceed sustainability performance expectations.
To be a successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification & working experience as a sustainability engineer, chemical engineer, process engineer – preferably within the manufacturing sector.
- Have worked in manufacturing plants or heavy industry for a minimum of 2 years.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of your team & the broader business.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to hold people accountable (internal and external).
- The ability to enforce targets, drive cultural change and technically strong
We have a strong regional focus and dedication to community employing a diverse workforce of 4,500 throughout Australia. We are proud of our heritage which continues to provide opportunities for people to develop and thrive. WE are Empowering Progress and Inspiring Pride.
A competitive salary package is on offer with great company benefits, passion, people and culture.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment within a growing business offering excellent career development and opportunities, we encourage you to apply today. Applications should include your detailed resume along with a covering letter.
We are connected socially so check us out at www.teysaust.com.au or join us on (https://www.facebook.com/TeysAustralia/).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?