Student Services Officer (casual)
Advertiser: Australian Institute of Higher EducationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $20 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Student Services
About the business and the role
A boutique Higher Education provider in Sydney, the Australian Institute of Higher Education (AIH) empowers students to realise their potential through an educational experience that is practical, engaging and relevant to their career goals.
We currently have an opportunity for an casual Student Services Officer to join our Student Services team based in the heart of Sydney CBD.
The ideal candidate holds an appropriate tertiary qualification, is a fast learner, and a motivated team player who embraces change and advocates for continuous quality improvement with a "can do" attitude.
- Provide exceptional customer service, advice, guidance and support to students
- First point of contact for students, staff and external stakeholders
- Assist with the organisation of student events, graduation and orientation programs
- Provide administrative and student support services in relation to enrolments, course advice, data entry, student record keeping, etc.
- Respond to face-to-face, telephone and email enquiries promptly and professionally, in adherence with standards and procedures.
- Receipt of student fees and data entry as required
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the student experience
- Other administrative support as required
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience within the international education industry
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to be clear and concise in verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and interact with students, staff, and internal/external clients of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional customer service skills and an eye for detail
- Demonstrated experience to work independently and part of a team to achieve organisational goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the ESOS Act
- Working knowledge of Moodle and RTO Manager
- Experience working with Social Media as a tool for student engagement
- Availability to work rostered shifts between the hours of 8 am to 9 pm, Monday to Friday
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?