System Administartor- Print Server
Advertiser: Total IT Consult Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Administering the day-to-day operations in Windows server environment
- Performing regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning
- Administrating print services, WSUS and SCCM
- Updating and creating Active Directory GPOs and login scripts
- Developing and updating operating procedures for system administration activities; including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture, and system maintenance
- Providing installation support for new applications and software releases
- Working with cross functional teams to implement, update & troubleshoot environments
- Troubleshooting Windows server issues. Independently utilizing all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues
- Responding to both automated and client-based tickets, resolving to customer satisfaction within SLA
- Providing escalation and notification to stakeholders of server related issues or outages
- Performing additional duties associated with operational management of these systems as required
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the assigned information services unit information technology environment/infrastructure and the ability to identify and resolve complex challenges associated with the work. Demonstrates an understanding of current trends in information technology best practices and standards. Demonstrates the ability to apply this understanding to work projects and processes.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of an assigned information technology platform and demonstrates the ability to recommend improvements to the technology.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of assigned customer applications. Demonstrates the ability to understand information/data management concepts.
- Demonstrates the ability to make recommendations and participate in setting work priorities. Demonstrates the ability to plan and estimate all aspect of a work project. Demonstrates the ability to lead the problem analysis of solution design.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively analyse and solve complex work-related problems. Demonstrates the ability to interpret complex and detailed specifications and make suggestions that provide workable solutions to problems considered as complex.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively interact with management and other stakeholders. Demonstrates the ability to be an effective liaison between the customer and the assigned information services unit.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand and convey to co-workers the business needs of the customer. Demonstrates an ability to develop an understanding of the relationship between the customer's business needs and information needs.
- Demonstrates effective leadership within a work group through providing a positive influence in the work environment. Demonstrates the ability to give technical direction to less experienced staff.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Management, Computer Technology, or a related field AND at least two (2) years of work experience related to the vacancy.
- Open to travel.
- Australian Driver’s License
Preferred qualifications for the current openings include:
- Two (2) years of experience as a Windows server administrator
- Knowledgeable in Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016; including Active Directory, File and Print Services
- Knowledgeable with various backup software and in backup methodologies and best practices
- Experience with web application server (i.e., Microsoft IIS and Apache)
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare) as well as cloud computing offerings
- Scripting experience using PowerShell
- Awareness of emerging technologies, their capabilities and an ability to determine benefit and impact to business and end-users
- Broad knowledge of high-performance, high-availability computing environments and integration of technical products into complex environments
- Understanding of networking technology and IP-protocols
- Strong understanding security challenges and best practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and resolutions
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?