- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We're Bonfire, Perth's leading digital agency working with some of Australia's favourite brands. We are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our ever-expanding agency. This role will be on a full-time basis.
This role is autonomous and suits someone with minimal supervision, who is organised and can hit the ground running. Working in a small team you will report directly to the Head of Finance and be responsible for all transactional tasks in the accounts receivable function. Experience in month end reporting and payroll processing is highly preferable.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Full function Accounts Receivable, including collections.
- Maintaining client relationships in invoicing and collections process.
- Assisting with Bank & Credit Card Reconciliations.
- Assisting with month-end duties including journals and reconciliations, BAS preparation, forecasts etc.
- Administrative and support duties to the Head of Finance, as required.
- Assistance, when required in payroll processing, including tax and compliance duties and leave management.
- Driving innovation and change to processes, to ensure accuracy and efficiency in your role.
Profile: To be considered for and successful in this role you will:
- Come from an accounting background and have a minimum of 3 years proven work experience.
- Offer a strong generalist accounts skill-set with particular focus on Accounts Receivable
- Come with strict standards for the quality of your work and respect for the bounds of confidentiality.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online.
- Experience with Power BI desirable, but not essential.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work without supervision.
- Degree qualified in Finance or Accounting.
- Keen eye for detail and high-level accuracy.
- Professional Presentation and motivated attitude.
In return you will:
- Work closely with a passionate and highly experienced Head of Finance, who will both hold you to a high standard and support your development.
- Gain opportunity to enhance your accounts skill-set against the needs of the business, with full support of the Head of Finance.
- Align with a top-tier digital agency in an incredible working environment and modern fitted office in Subiaco.
- Join a social and dynamic digital agency with a strong internal team culture that regularly celebrates successes.
- A company with a genuine focus on high performance, real client results & long-term client partnerships.
- Flexible working hours.
- A growing, profitable business and the benefits that can come from it.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for this role, apply via SEEK with the following;
- Cover Letter briefly explaining why you want to work for Bonfire - do not include your skills or experience in the cover letter.
Not all agencies are equal. We know that any SEO company can talk a good game. But we believe our results speak louder than words. That's why we want our experience and results to do the talking (not to mention the words of our clients). Bonfire is a digital, fine-tuned and awarded Specialist Agency of the Year in the 2018 Campaign Brief WA awards. If that’s not enough, here are 5 reasons you’ll want to work with us.
- Our clients = Australia’s Biggest Brands.
- Join 35 of Australia’s brightest digital minds.
- We have an independently verified Gold Standard culture rating.
- Great (free) coffee, juices, fresh fruit and kombucha!
- Science + Evolution + Experience = Our Success.
To get to know us better visit: https://www.bonfire.com.au/work-at-bonfire/
Applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents or be residing in Perth with a valid working visa.
(Recruitment agencies, please don't contact us. Thank you for respecting this request.)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?