Advertiser: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Mar 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles and related parts and services, components and production systems worldwide through 159 manufacturing facilities, 87 R&D centres, and dealers and distributors in more than 140 counties. Our stable of brands includes Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Ram, Maserati and Mopar, the parts and service brand.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Financial Accountant is a key figure in the Finance department ensuring the integrity of the general ledger and supporting the month/quarter/year end closing activities. Day to day activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the business to understand Financial Accounting issues and highlights;
- Day to day reporting on performance across general accounting core activities;
- Month end journals; balance sheet reconciliations; monthly corporate activities including tax analysis, treasury and inter-company settlements;
- Improve the quality of financial systems integrity;
- Ensure accuracy of general ledger data and subsystem processes including reconciliations and verification, journal processing and addressing general accounting issues;
- Proactively engage with regional finance teams to ensure correctness of account balances and timeliness of period end closures;
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts and payments processing;
- Assist in the preparation of compliance reports including; BAS & Income Tax;
- Balance sheet and SAP to HFM reconciliations
- Assist with budgeting and management reporting activities; and
- Manage capital expenditure budgeting and spend.
As the successful candidate you will be degree qualified, have at least 5+ years'experience in a similar role and an intermediate knowledge of SAP. You will prefer working in a fast-paced, busy environment and present a strong commercial awareness and business acumen.
If you're looking for a place to grow your career and thrive in a dynamic, high performing environment then Don't Hold Back!!!
Applications close on Friday, 5 April 2019 and can be submitted by clicking 'Apply Now'.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?