Senior AWS Big Data Engineer
Advertiser: Altis ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Consultants
Altis Consulting was established in 1998 and has become the leading Data and Analytics (Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Analytics) consultancy in New Zealand and Australia. We're proud to have been recognised nine years in a row as a Great Place to Work and of our strong company culture focused around people and enabling them to achieve their best.
- 2-4 years hands-on development development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good foundational skills in SQL
- Exposure to Agile delivery approach
- Solid experience in S3, EC2, RDS and/or EMR in AWS
- ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica or AWS Glue
- Big Data tools, languages and frameworks such as Hadoop, Spar, Hive, Presto.
- NoSQL technologies such as DynamoDB, Cassandra or MongoDB.
- Initiative and eager to try new approaches
- Ability to learn and use new technologies quickly & effectively
- AWS Certification highly desirable
What to expect as an Altis consultant?
Most of our team work on projects based on client site so you'll get to work closely with the end users of your solutions. As part of an Altis team, you’ll experience the full development lifecycle and be part of a dynamic workplace in which diversity, camaraderie and professional excellence are celebrated. We like to have fun as a team, encourage knowledge sharing and continuous learning and take pride in delivering the best possible for our clients.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be eligible for this role.
A vendor-independent consultancy where you will receive training from industry thought leaders and be mentored to develop your full potential, you'll work with diverse clients and industries and be part of projects that deliver tangible business outcomes.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?