Junior Graphic Designer/Motion Graphic Designer
Advertiser: Queensland Rugby Football League LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Mar 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Design & Architecture, Graphic Design
ABOUT QUEENSLAND RUGBY LEAGUE
QRL is a rewarding and progressive place to work, offering workplace flexibility, five weeks leave each year, professional development funding and the opportunity to make a difference to communities at local and State level.
QRL not only contributes to the development of talented people in our work environment, we provide participation pathways for players, coaches and volunteers from grassroots to elite level including the Queensland Maroons.
There are over 60,000 registered players in QRL competitions and numerous volunteers and fans across Queensland who contribute to making Rugby League the number one sport in Queensland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Junior Graphic Designer / Motion Graphic Designer will support the QRL Brand and Marketing team with Graphic Design activities throughout the 2019 Rugby League season.
This full time position is required for immediate start, and will be employed on a fixed term contract running from 29 April through to 31 October 2019, with the possibility to extend. The position will be based in our Head Office in Milton.
The Junior Graphic Designer / Motion Graphic Designer will:
- Work closely with the Creative and Design Lead to design and re-size digital and print assets from approved creative concepts to meet requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Create graphic assets to support marketing of, and engagement with the Intrust Super Cup.
- Design and create graphic design assets to support the growth of the game, including participant growth, memberships and fan engagement, events and activations.
- Ensure the latest branding is included across major QRL assets including updating templates, website branding and social assets where required.
- Work closely with the Digital Team to support the delivery of graphics required across social media and digital advertising channels, including travel where required to major events throughout the season.
- Support the graphic design elements of major projects including QLD Maroons themed assets, Intrust Super Cup themed assets and QRL materials.
- Provide support at photo/ video shoots.
- Liaise with a range of external stakeholders to provide graphic design advice and support for a range of activities and projects.
- Edit video and create supportive graphic elements for both short and long form content.
- Create video pieces from graphic elements created in Photoshop.
- Source or record audio and mix where required.
- Use and maintain Camera equipment.
- Work with green screen footage, and
- Work with the events team to produce on-screen content for Awards dinners and other major QRL events.
- Experience in defining the scope of design projects and working to a brief.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Media Encoder, Premier Pro) and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with managing projects from ingest to export and delivery.
- Knowledge of print production is essential
- Formal qualifications in Graphic or Visual Design beneficial.
- A strong team collaborator but also able to work independently
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please provide a cover letter outlining your suitability and a copy of your current resume. A portfolio of your work to support your application is essential.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience and will be based in the annual salary range of $50,000-$55,000 (pro-rata).
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday, 7 April 2019, with interviews expecting to commence Wednesday, 10 April 2019.
Please email your application directly to Madelyn Stratford, Human Resources Business Partner; email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
QRL will not be accepting applications via external recruitment agencies on this occasion.