Lawyer - Bail Service - Ref: BAI1004
Advertiser: Caxton Legal Centre IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Mar 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Criminal & Civil Law
Bail Service Lawyer – REF: BAI1004
Position: Bail Service Lawyer
Classification: Level 5
Remuneration: $79,521 plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: full time fixed term contract till 30 June 2021
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking a Bail Service Lawyer, to work in a newly funded program to assist prisoners on remand to seek bail. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice and casework to clients in the Bail Support Program. The position is responsible for assessing whether a client is a suitable applicant for bail and if so, making applications for bail.
- Apply and strengthen existing knowledge of relevant areas of law to deliver legal advice and casework as directed by the Practice Manager
- Work collaboratively to provide a holistic, client-centered service to diverse clients within a human rights framework
- Deliver community education, engage in sector development and networking; contribute to law and policy reform
- Bachelor of Laws
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Criminal Law
- Admitted or eligible for admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Current Unrestricted Practising Certificate
- Eligible to hold a Queensland Corrective Services Yellow Card and criminal history check
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: BAIL1004 to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 19 April 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in criminal & civil law?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?