Senior Lawyer - Bail Service - REF: BAI1005
Advertiser: Caxton Legal Centre IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Mar 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Criminal & Civil Law
Bail Service Senior Lawyer – REF: BAI1005
Position: Bail Service Senior Lawyer
Classification: Level 6
Remuneration: $87,475 plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: full time fixed term contract till 30 June 2021
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking a Bail Service Senior Lawyer, to work in a newly funded program to assist prisoners on remand to seek bail. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice and casework to clients across the Coronial and Custodial Justice Practice. The Senior Lawyer is also responsible for supervising the provision of legal services by lawyers on restricted practising certificates, PLT students and volunteers, as well as overseeing the delivery of specific programs as directed by the Practice Director. The Senior Lawyer will provide advice and representation predominantly in the Bail Support Program.
- Apply and strengthen existing knowledge of relevant areas of law to deliver legal advice and casework as directed by the Practice Director whilst sharing skills and experience with less experienced lawyers
- Work collaboratively to provide a holistic, client-centered service to diverse clients within a human rights framework
- Deliver community education, engage in sector development and networking; contribute to law and policy reform
- Provide supervision for restricted practitioners
- Bachelor of Laws
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Criminal Law
- Eligible for admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Current Unrestricted Practising Certificate
- Eligible to hold a Queensland Corrective Services Yellow Card and criminal history check
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: BAIL1005 to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 19 April 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in criminal & civil law?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?