Building systems engineer
Advertiser: Buildings AliveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Mar 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Building Services Engineering
About the business
At Buildings Alive, we provide automated daily feedback and technical analysis to optimise the energy and environmental performance of large, complex buildings. We work with leading property owners, operators and technical specialists across hundreds of office towers, shopping centres, academic buildings, laboratories and other complex facilities throughout Australia, Europe and the United States.
Visit our website to find out more: www.buildingsalive.com
About the role
We are looking for an Engineer with a background in building services, energy efficiency, analysis and control systems to join our Sydney-based engineering team. You will work with some of the world's most efficient and technologically sophisticated buildings to further improve their energy and resource efficiency. You will join a team that is responsible for:
- assisting our clients' building operations staff with the identification and implementation of efficiency improvement opportunities – particularly focussed on helping fine-tune existing systems (such as the building's BMS)
- developing and implementing technology to collect data from building automation systems
- creatively analysing the environmental performance of our clients' buildings
- collaborating with our clients' building operations staff and facilitating 'peer to peer' dialogue
- R&D to continually enhance our automated energy and water analytics platform. This will involve working with our research scientists and engineers to develop new data aggregation and analysis technologies.
The role is based in Sydney CBD and involves periodic interstate and international travel.
It is a full-time position (though part-time will be considered) and a competitive annual salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Benefits and perks
Buildings Alive offers a highly flexible work environment and a variety of generous benefits including career development and growth opportunities, an annual learning and development allowance and employee share scheme.
Skills and experience
You will need to be creative, energetic and have an outgoing personality to succeed in this role. It is essential that you're able to work productively with minimal supervision, facilitate collaboration and be a person that people from all walks of life would want to work with. Ideally, you will have a background that also includes a range of the following:
- a thorough understanding of relationships between building design elements, mechanical systems, BMS strategies and energy performance gained through experience in the design, construction, commissioning and/or operation of building services, particularly HVAC and controls systems
- experience or interest in energy auditing, energy modelling and data analysis
- hands-on experience with BMS integration projects, familiarity with common automation protocols (e.g. BACnet, Modbus, LON) and experience with system integrations would be desirable, but is not essential.
In addition, you will likely have tertiary qualifications in relevant engineering or scientific disciplines, or a field related to the built environment.
Above all, we are looking for engineers to who will add to our creative and supportive culture and be excited by the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the built environment.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?