Senior Digital (BIM) Project Manager
Advertiser: DBM Vircon Services (Australia) Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Apr 2019
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
PDC is a highly experienced global steel detailing and Digital Engineering company who is a subsidiary of a NYSE listed company and part of the DBM Vircon group. Based in Australia, the DBM Vircon group has international offices in the Philippines, Thailand, India, New Zealand, the UK and North America.
PDC provides independent Digital Management and Consultancy Services to Government, Owners and General Construction Companies across Industrial, Infrastructure and Commercial sectors.
PDC is at the forefront of the industry delivering project Digital solutions on a global scale, and recent exciting growth opportunities have made it necessary to grow our team.
You will be responsible for managing Digital Engineering / BIM delivery and continuous improvement of the PDC Digital Engineering processes. Client relationship building, innovation and a solutions focus drive, is integral to this role. As well as possessing the requisite technical skills, you will have a collaborative stakeholder focus, and be able to motivate and lead teams.
- Day to day management of project and maintaining client relations. Including project monthly reporting requirements.
- Management of design consultant and sub-contractor coordination processes including the creation and management of the projects federated model.
- Management of outsourced sub-consultants from up skilling, weekly delivery, QA of delivered work and fee negotiation.
- Identification of variations and creation of Fee Proposals for Manager’s approval.
- The constant management of design consultants and contractors including the review, interrogation and auditing of their models. Including maintenance of model audit schedules and hosting of coordination meetings.
- Creation and development of Project specific Digital Engineering / BIM plans.
- Management of projects deliverables, including periodic reviews and realignment of the projects BIM Plans to suit the overall project goals.
- Project specific reporting as required by client and PDC management.
- Work with project teams to develop and optimise digital workflows, processes and applications.
- Troubleshoot digital systems and refine best modelling practices.
- Management of project specific deliverables.
- Scheduling of work for the PDC project team and ensuring they are working cohesively. This is to include ensuring each team member is accountability for their allocated workloads.
- Solid understanding of Digital Engineering / BIM processes.
- Comprehensive understanding and awareness of modelling and drafting.
- A sound understanding of MS Excel and MS Project use and functionality.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Capable of creating federated models and utilising these for Digital Engineering workflows within Navisworks and/or Forge.
- Ability to set up and maintain a common data environment (CDE).
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Solid understanding of the design and construction processes used across all stages of the projects (Industrial, Infrastructure and Commercial sectors) lifecycle.
- Bachelor or Diploma related to the construction industry (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management etc).
- Experience in the use the following software - Revit, Navisworks, iConstruct, BIM360, Infraworks, Civil3D, GIS, 12D, Cost X, dRofus, Maximo.
- Experience with other modelling programs (Bentley, Archicad, Sketchup, etc.).
- Preferably Member of a professional body such as Australian Institute of Building, Australian Institute of Architects, Australian Institute of Project Management member, etc.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?