Technical Support Engineer - Level 2 - Managed Services Provider
Advertiser: Sentrian Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Apr 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Welcome to Sentrian
We are Managed Service Providers continuing to enjoy growth across a diverse range of industries on the East Coast. We are a team of more than 40 with a proud reputation for providing exceptional service to our clients. Based in Brisbane, we have been operating for over 25 years with the same philosophy – to have fun providing innovative technology solutions to our clients.
In a nutshell, we deliver IT outsourcing, cloud and professional services. We specialise in designing, implementing, maintaining & supporting network infrastructure. See our website for more details about us.
Our new position
Our Service Desk is a team of highly experienced and professional engineers. They are qualified and certified and constantly train to upgrade their skills and the services we can offer from the Service Desk area.
Our new engineer has a level 2 skill set and will join this team to work with our other business units to provide solutions to our clients every day. Primarily your responsibilities will include:
- Perform 1st and 2nd level incident and service request resolution on client pc’s, servers, networks and applications.
- Answer incoming calls from clients.
- Manage e-mail requests from clients.
- Manage events and alerts generated from monitoring systems.
- Create, manage and respond to tickets in our internal service management software.
- Escalate tickets to Level 3 when required and record all initial troubleshooting and relevant information.
- Log support requests with vendors or third parties where required.
- Desktop, user and application support.
- Support infrastructure on site at client premises.
- User Administration.
Our new Technical Support Engineer
Our new engineer will have experience with an MSP supporting multiple technologies every day. You must demonstrate experience with the following:
- Working in a service and support environment.
- Microsoft operating systems.
- Supporting mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- Extensive experience with desktop support including remote support.
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage and Automate is an advantage.
Experience with the following will also be well regarded:
- Office 365
- Legal applications
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- PRTG network monitoring
- 3CX and Broadsoft
This is a pivotal role working closely with our clients and our internal teams so your communication skills will be paramount to your success. Additionally, you are passionate about client service and motivated to stay up to date with current and new technologies. This is not an entry level position. You must demonstrate that you can quickly learn new technologies and procedures and work autonomously on a wide variety of technologies.
Only candidates with current working visas or permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand will be considered.
Our vibrant work environment ensures you will enjoy social activities, fresh fruit, great coffee and regular office lunches with your colleagues. We have a strong culture supporting work/life balance and we try to have fun at work every single day. In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also receive attractive allowances including paid hourly over time, paid internet and laptop allowances.
Paid to train! We believe that our staff need to be the best that they can be in order to deliver high quality solutions to our clients. We encourage continual professional development through fully supported training – including paid training leave! All Sentrian staff have a training plan in place to ensure continued growth.
Most importantly, you will work with a group of professionals who will enable you to grow in your career. You will enjoy being an important part of a team who know how to work smart and still enjoy themselves.
Sentrian is a place where dedication and skills go hand in hand with learning and enjoying work.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 2 technical support?
- Do you have customer service experience?