Fleet Maintenance Controller
Advertiser: FleetcareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Apr 2019
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
ABOUT US – WE KNOW THE WAY
Established in 1989, Fleetcare is Australia’s largest independent fleet management company. Our independence gives us the flexibility to offer innovative, tailored fleet management and leasing solutions to both the public and private sector throughout Australia. Our core difference is our passion and desire to do things better, to constantly strive for excellence to help our customers meet their goals, because our name says it all, we really do care! We call this the Fleetcare ‘care factor’ and when combined with 30 years industry experience, it’s safe to say that ‘we know the way’. This tagline defines not only how we take a solutions-oriented approach to service delivery, but also how we build our internal culture and nurture the Fleetcare family.
We're passionate about supporting, inspiring, and developing our team of industry professionals. With happy staff as one of our guiding principles, we focus on our team excelling in their area of strength and recognise and reward them for their efforts. We work with our team to map individual future goals and aspirations, and invest heavily when it comes to leadership development, training, coaching, and mentoring.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Currently undertaking a progressive growth and development phase, we have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Fleet Maintenance Controller, to join our head office team based in Wangara.
As a key member of our national Maintenance Control department you will be responsible for controlling the repairs and maintenance costs of client vehicles, plant and equipment in line with industry standards and maintaining accurate data for reporting purposes.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified automotive technician, confident service advisor or technical workshop controller with strong people and IT skills to start their career in the fleet management industry. The role will also suit an experienced Maintenance Controller looking to join a WA based privately owned company where they can make a difference.
Every day is different, but your day-to-day duties will include:
- Taking phone calls from suppliers, negotiating work to be done and approving costs for required repairs and maintenance
- Accurately recording all maintenance data in our internal systems
- Providing advice to clients and other team members in relation to vehicle and equipment running costs and maintenance issues
- Managing repairs with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure minimum downtime and costs
- Following up on outstanding supplier invoices
- Working with the Maintenance Manager to establish suitable supplier networks to service our client’s vehicles
- Where necessary, going off-site to inspect assets requiring high cost repairs to ensure the best possible outcomes for our clients
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands on experience as a qualified vehicle technician, workshop controller, service advisor or similar related experience
- Understanding of fleet management, automotive service, spare parts and associated industries
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A passion and commitment to providing outstanding customer service and to go the extra mile for our customers
- Well developed IT skills and openness to learning
- Ability to work autonomously within a team that is located in both Perth and Sydney
- Sound time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
WHAT WE OFFER
As part of the Fleetcare family, you will enjoy the best of both worlds with all the advantages of working for a large corporate business combined with a ‘family feel’ of a smaller organisation.
Working with a large team of industry professionals, you will be surrounded by creative thinkers, innovative problem solvers and customer focused individuals who strive to deliver excellence every day.
In return for your hard work, we offer ongoing learning and development opportunities. You will also be rewarded with a competitive base salary, performance related bonus structure, as well as a range of great benefits including salary packaging, birthday perks, great office and a fun team environment.
If you have the “Care Factor”, want to “Know the way” and are ready to take your next career move, apply now to join our family.
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you recognise how your skills, experience, and positive energy can become part of our next success, check out our website for all current vacancies and how to register for our talent pool.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment background checks
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanics?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What are your current salary expectations?
- How would you rate your computer literacy?