Housing Independence Program Officer
Advertiser: Hume Community HousingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Apr 2019
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Support and Tenancy Officer – Temporary Accommodation Program
- Based at Claymore however may be requested to work at various location
- Not for Profit Organisation with great benefits
- Eager to support people in complex situations experiencing housing crisis
Hume Housing is a nationally accredited Tier 1 Community Housing Provider. Currently, Hume Housing manages, and/or owns 2000 social and affordable housing properties in Metro Sydney. Hume Housing provides tenancy, property management, and support services directly and collaboratively with key stakeholders to facilitate sustainable housing solutions and enhanced positive social and community outcomes.
We are Champions of change, Creators of connectivity, Builders of resilience, Determined to succeed.
Hume Housing is looking for an energetic and proactive Housing Independence Officer (HIO) to join our Housing Independence Team. As a HIO your primary responsibility is to support families and individuals in our Housing Independence Programs being Temporary Accommodation Program (crisis accommodation), and our Housing Independence Program (Transitional Housing) to improve their capacity to sustain a tenancy and transition in to more stable accommodation.. Your responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Assessing individual needs and developing and coordinating customer independence (support) plans
- Providing advice on and referrals to other agencies, support services and providers
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording of all customer notes and other customer information
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including local real estate and support agencies
- Working with customers in a complex situation or experiencing housing crisis
- Working within a collaborative framework with other services to achieve successful outcomes for customers
- Support customers to gain tenancy sustainability skills to maintain successful tenancies within social housing or in the Private Rental Market.
This is a very hands on role in a fast-paced environment and would suit someone with a background working in Homelessness, Refuges or Case Management
To be successful in this role, you will need to have Experience in case management or supporting people in complex situations. Knowledge of Pathways, tenancy and property management experience, or an understanding of relevant principles, legislation and processes, is highly desirable.
A solutions and outcomes focused approach is a must, and so is effective communication and time management to ensure effective decision making. You will also need to hold a NSW driver’s license as travelling is required.
Why work for us?
Hume offers above Award salaries, 35 hour working week, flexible working arrangements, long service leave after 5 years, salary packaging and career development opportunities - the list goes on!
Want to know more, see our website for more information and the position description www.humehousing.com.au
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work for a company making a real difference. Apply now and submit your resume with a covering letter addressing the 2 -3 of the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hume Community Housing is committed to a workplace where our team members prosper and diversity and inclusion are a valued part of our vibrant and connected working community. We encourage and welcome applications from women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years of residential property management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in a community outreach environment?