Head Barista - Specialty Coffee Roaster
Advertiser: Veneziano CoffeeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Apr 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Bar & Beverage Staff
Here at Veneziano Coffee Roasters, we’re a team of coffee professionals committed to delivering cutting-edge coffee and service to our customers and coffee lovers alike.
We’re leaders in our field, and that’s down to the people we hire. The Veneziano type is entrepreneurial at heart, inspired, and driven to pushing coffee boundaries.
From our roasteries, we supply Australia’s best cafés. We build relationships with farmers across the globe and roast each batch of beans with intelligence and care. Our team of world-renowned trainers and coffee consultants help likeminded café owners build smarter coffee businesses.
We're driven by enabling our customer's success, that all starts with developing a strong relationship and understanding our customers unique business needs.
We are currently on the hunt for an experienced, passionate, friendly and reliable Head Barista to take control of all thing’s coffee at our flagship Richmond Café.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Café Manager, the Head Barista is responsible for providing an excellent customer experience by ensuring that all beverages align with the Veneziano brand. The Head Barista position is ‘hands on’ and requires you to be responsible for maintaining the order of the Coffee Bar and ensuring the operation and baristas are performing in line with Veneziano Café standards.
This role will provide excellent customer experience by ensuring that coffee quality; production, service, presentation standards are met and continually providing a leading speciality coffee experience. While providing innovative coffee ideas, solutions and new product rollouts which align with the Veneziano brand.
Key aspects of the role;
- Coffee Bar & Service – Maintain expert level of knowledge across the hospitality and speciality coffee industry, ensure the highest standard of service and presentation is offered across all aspects of the coffee bar in line with VCR standards. Act as conjoint between Café and roastery;
- Retail – Build an ongoing rapport with regular customers and increase sales through education, suggestive retail offerings and promotional activities;
- Leadership – Oversee operations of staff in the coffee bar;
- Events – Assist the organisation or running of public cuppings, meet the grower, smackdowns and other events to engage the coffee industry and the public.
You will demonstrate;
- Passion for great coffee and food, as well as continually pushing the benchmark to provide an industry-leading experience;
- Prior experience within the coffee industry, working as a barista within the speciality coffee space (minimum 2 years);
- Experience in complex, fast-paced environments;
- Prior experience motivating, mentoring, coaching and developing high performing talent;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service;
- Ability to work on a rotating roster through Monday to Sunday;
- Unlimited work rights.
You must have a fun personality, a hard-working attitude and impeccable attention to detail. You will have a passion for showcasing the very best coffee and hospitality experience and enjoy working in a fast pace environment. You love sharing your coffee knowledge and collaborating with other departments. You will be willing to undertake whatever activity is required to ensure our café runs smoothly and ensure our customers receive the very best coffee and hospitality experience every time!
In return you will be working for one of the most exciting coffee roasters in the country with a great culture, a focus on professional development and opportunities for growth. You will be surrounded by some of the best coffee professionals in the industry. There is plenty of opportunities for you to make your mark!
Inspired to be a part of the journey? Click apply now to submit your cover letter and resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have professional experience with latte art?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following types of coffee do you have experience preparing?