- Job Listing Date
- 5 Apr 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Other
Dee Why RSL Club is an industry leading organisation, comprises of 4 restaurants, 6 bars, a dedicated events centre boasting 12 state of the art function rooms as well as 3 affiliated businesses including a Seniors Living Village, Car Wash and Child Care Centre with unique branding identities.
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer to join our in-house team. As one of two Graphic Designers, you will work closely to assist in conceptualising, designing and producing all marketing and advertising collateral for Dee Why RSL Club. The Club is entering a very exciting phase and we are looking for someone to embrace the journey with us.
- Assist in the design and maintenance across all of the clubs advertising/communication mediums
- Liaise with internal customers from brief to finished art to ensure the needs of the business are met
- Manage individual workflow and set priorities for critical deadlines
- Execute tasks within timeframe an on brief
- Maintain and work within brand guidelines across all mediums
- Liaise with external suppliers to request quotes and ensure projects deadlines and budgets are met
- Work effectively within the Marketing and Communications team to meet the needs of the business
- Maintain a solid understanding of current design and visual trends
Essential Knowledge and Key Attributes
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience working in a high volume, high output environment
- Experience in publication and outdoor advertising design principles
- The ability to manage your own time effectively and work on multiple projects at once
- The ability to work to within tight deadlines and branding guidelines
- An impeccable eye for detail and error checking
- Passion for design and layout
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Excellent communication skills with internal customers, colleagues, agency and suppliers
- Ability to collaborate and mentor another designer
- Collaborate with the Marketing team
- Tertiary degree in design, minimum of 3 years' experience in a graphic design role
Highly Desirable Skills / Experience
- Advanced proficiency in Dreamweaver, Flash, Premier or Final Cut Pro and AfterEffects
- Proficiency in wordpress maintenance and development is highly desirable
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with motivation and commitment to producing high quality graphic design solutions in an in-house environment, within tight time frames. You are a team-player, a pro-active problem solver and have a keen eye for detail.
How to apply
Applications for this role will be accepted through SEEK. Please click 'apply for this job' below and include your portfolio and CV as PDF (2MB max).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, we appreciate your understanding.
No third party or recruitment agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- What motivated you to apply for this role?
- As a professional Graphic Designer, what aspects of design are you most passionate about?
- What four words would you use to describe the team dynamics and workplace culture you thrive in the most?