Advertiser: KLC Recruitment Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Apr 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
- 0.6 / 0.8 / Full-time opportunity
- Dandenong Location
- NFP Organisation
Due to an increase demand and service provision, our highly regarded Not For Profit client is looking for a Clinician / Counsellor to join their team.
As a Clinician you will be working within the Clinical Care and Support program, providing specialist outreach psychological services to carers, children and young people who are unable to live with their birth parents. You will be required to spend a bit of time on the road going to client sites or schools, so your ability to be on the road is a must.
To be successful in this role you must have;
- Full professional registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA or Social Worker eligible for AASW membership.
- Family therapy registration, or other related registrations
- Mental Health Accreditation as a Social Worker
- Experience in family therapy and counselling working with children, adults, and adolescents
- Counselling with complex clients
- Experience in providing secondary consultation to professionals, client families and carers
- A current Working with Children and Police Checks, or willingness to obtain.
- A current driver’s license
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- To support and educate carers to increase their understanding of the child/ young persons’ experience of trauma
- Contribute to case plan and professional meetings
- Facilitation and participation in a reflective learning environment within the program and organisation
- Collect and analyse data to support strategic direction of the program
- Maintenance of client confidentiality
- Other duties as directed by Senior Psychologist, Team Leader or Practice Leader
If this sounds of interest to you or you would like more information, please APPLY NOW or call 03 9857 6756!