Occupational Therapist Grade 1
Advertiser: DPV HEALTH LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Apr 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
2 Full Time positions !
Your New Organisation
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health we strive ourselves on being inclusive and celebrating the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about helping to support people to lead happy healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disability, LGBTIQ, and newly arrived communities.
A little about the role
Join our dynamic and growing Occupational Therapy team!
In this role you will provide client-centred Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary services to our diverse cohort of adult community clients, making a real difference in independence and quality of life while growing your skills in a supportive team environment. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions including the prescription of equipment and home modifications.
- Developing care plans and programs that reflect client goals and a client-centred self-management approach.
- Contributing to the multidisciplinary team including the development of team care plans to support achievement of individual client goals.
- Participating in regular professional development and supervision
You will have at least one year’s experience working in a community setting. You will also come with:
- Registration with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrated excellent clinical reasoning skills
- Awareness of and ability to work in the NDIS, My Aged Care and other funding environments
- Energy and enthusiasm to make a difference in your clients’ lives
- The desire to contribute to the growth and development of your team within a dynamic and changing environment
If you are a recent graduate with less than one years’ experience and can satisfactorily address the other criteria your application may be considered.
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- DPV Day – We invest a whole day off site for all staff for an interactive, informative and engaging day of workshops, strategic plan presentations and lots more!
The fine print
- Applications close 26th April 2019
- Enquiries should be directed to Program Manager Kerry Pearce on 0437 418 248
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Policy Check, hold a valid WWCC and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Full driver license and travel between sites required
- You may be asked to either provide or register for a Medicare and MBS provider number and agree to donate the total amount from this work to DPV Health.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply now!