Population Health Team Leader
Advertiser: DPV HEALTH LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Apr 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Full time , Fixed Term till June 2021
Your New Organisation
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health we pride ourselves on being inclusive and celebrating the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about helping to support people to lead happy healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, disability, LGBTIQ, and newly arrived communities.
A little about the role
You will be responsible to manage, inspire and provide direction to the Population Health Team and in doing so create a team of high achievers, who are motivated to find creative and innovative ways to deliver key health messages that deliver impact in the community.
You will be responsible to develop and execute the annual action plan that supports the delivery of the DPV Health Integrated Health Promotion priorities, while aligning with the strategic plans of State and Local Government departments and key industry partners.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coaching the Population Health Coordinators and Support Team, to build and execute effective and sustainable programs that influence community behaviour and attitudes
- Ensuring projects are delivered according to the IHP plan priorities and timelines.
- Working with the Program Manager to create and deliver innovative methods of communication and delivery.
- Engaging, constructing and leveraging relationships with industry and community partners to establish shared planning processes and efficient resource management.
- Working with existing and new partners to understand synergies and alignment of priorities in order to integrate actions, and resources to optimise outcomes.
- Integrating DPV Health medical services and support programs with health promotion projects in order to provide education and access to the community
- You will be an innovative and creative leader with an entrepreneurial vision to change community behaviours, opinions and attitudes.
- You will ideally have experience within the healthcare industry and an understanding of the current principles and practice supporting community health services and funding.
- You will have a proven track record of managing a team to deliver projects on time, to scale and with impact.
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to build and sustain relationships with internal and external networks.
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing environment and growing business.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Personal and hands-on approach to building a team.
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- DPV Day – We invest a whole day off site for all staff for an interactive, informative and engaging day of workshops, strategic plan presentations and lots more!
The fine print
- Applications close Friday 26 April.
- For further enquiries please contact Rick Jackson, Marketing and Client Experience Manager on 8301 8889
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Policy Check, hold a valid WWCC and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Full driver license and travel between sites required
- You may be asked to either provide or register for a Medicare and MBS provider number and agree to donate the total amount from this work to DPV Health.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply now!
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Check, hold a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, full Drivers Licence and work rights for Australia.
DPV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring we have an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace for our staff and clients. To us diversity means people of any age, family situation, cultural and linguistic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical sex characteristics, ability or disability, health, life experience, socio-economic situation, faith, spirituality and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We encourage all individuals to apply.