Administration Assistant Casual Position
Advertiser: Exodus FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Apr 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
About the business
The Exodus Foundation works to meet the needs of some of Sydney's poorest and most disadvantaged. Exodus provides meal services and welfare support programs to people at risk and in circumstances of extreme poverty, homelessness and disadvantage.
About the role
An opportunity exists for an Administration Assistant with the Exodus Foundation. It is a casual position from Monday to Friday.
Perform typing, clerical and administrative functions as required by Rev Bill Crews with regard to the transcription of his archived documents from hard paper copy to soft copy in Word format.
Skills and experience
- Type documents as requested.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Sorting out documents.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records and other material.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications
The successful applicant will have:
- 3+ years' experience in administration assistant position, preferably in a not-for-profit organisation.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent computer skills MS applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet research abilities are required.
- Fast and accurate typing (50 w/m minimum).
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills written, oral and listening.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Have qualities of strength, calmness and resilience.
If you feel you are suitably qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please send your CV with a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria above (Only applications with a cover letter will be considered for the role) along with a minimum of three references to Carmen Haley at HR@exodusfoundation.org.au
For more information about The Exodus Foundation https://www.exodusfoundation.org.au/
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Our vision is to give those experiencing poverty the help to break free of it.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position
Only People short listed will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your average typing speed?