Advertiser: Easts Group | Sydney RoostersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Apr 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Competitive Salary
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the business
The Sydney Roosters is a leading sporting organisation and a proud sponsor of the local community with a history spanning over 110 years. Our Vision is to "Always have something to Crow about' and our purpose is "Working to Win". We are looking for someone to join our finance team that embodies our vision and culture.
About the role
The main objectives of the assistant accountant is to:
- Comply with statutory and tax obligations
- Report true, correct and timely management finance reports
- Manage controls and processes, including timely submission of expenses and invoices
- This role reports directly to the Finance Manager
Benefits and perks
- The ability to see the inner workings of an NRL team
- Support and guidance from an excellent leadership team
- Time in lieu for working weekends
- Opportunities to be a part of Awards Nights, Grand finals and other events.
Skills and experience
- Ability to work autonomously
- Analytically minded and high attention to detail
- Experience working in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/or similar
- Ability to work well with all individuals across the business
- Hard working and can do attitude
- Wholeheartedly believe in the Club's Vision and Purpose
To be considered for the role please ensure you provide a Resume and Cover Letter, and only those with relevant experience need apply. This role is looking at a start date of the 20 May 2019.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only those successful in making it to the next round will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?