Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper
Advertiser: Red Shed Business AdvisorsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Gold Coast
- $45,000 - $54,999 package
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
An exciting opportunity is available in a vibrant and growing Chartered Accounting firm based in Benowa.
We are looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant or experienced Bookkeeper who takes pride in their work and enjoy working in an autonomous environment towards strict deadlines.
You will be working in the firm's outsourced financial services department and be responsible for the day-to-day accounting function for our clients. This includes bookkeeping (predominately Xero), accounts payable and payroll.
We are looking for someone that will take ownership of the role and work on continuous improvement of our processes.
Whilst this is considered a full-time role, we will consider flexible work arrangements/part-time opportunities for the right candidate.
As a part of our growing team, you will work closely with, and be supported by a friendly team of accountants and bookkeepers at different levels.
- Xero bookkeeping, accounts payable and payroll processing including; income reconciliations and job tracking; entering of creditors invoices, preparation draft pay-runs for approval; processing of Xero payroll including full-time, part-time and casual employees.
- Extensive phone and email communication with clients and third parties in relation to transactions.
- Assist senior accountant with budget variance and departmental reporting as required
- Assist with month-end reporting procedures
- Assist the general administration including scanning, phone calls and general correspondence.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified accountant or 3+ years bookkeeping experience
- Organisational skills and high attention to detail is a must
- Excellent communications skills
- Hard working, can-do attitude.
- Proficient with Xero and Microsoft Excel
- A plus if you have existing public practice or commercial accounts payable/payroll experience
- Friendly and supporting team environment
- Competitive salary
- Ample opportunity for professional development and career progression