- Job Listing Date
- 24 Apr 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
Are you looking for secure employment in Brisbane's inner northern suburbs? An opportunity has presented itself for a highly skilled & motivated heavy diesel mechanic to join our dedicated team.
The Company: Brisbane Bus Lines is an established, Family Owned Business with over 50 years experience in the bus industry. Located in Brisbane's inner northern suburb of Enoggera we specialise in scheduled school services, local school & general charter and Australia wide long distance charter. We have a diverse fleet of 85 vehicles of assorted makes & sizes.
The Person: The successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen who is a qualified heavy diesel mechanic with Bus/Coach Experience.
The Fleet: Autobus, Irizar, Volvo, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, BCI, & BLK
The Engines: Caterpillar, Cummins, Scania, Volvo, Mercedes Benz, & Mitsubishi
The Role: This is a full time Monday to Friday position with optional overtime daily, and occasional on-call work on some weekends. The successful candidate will be paid an attractive hourly rate and receive penalty rates on all overtime worked in addition to a tool & dirt allowance.
The Duties: The Successful Candidate's work will include regular inspections, servicing and preventative maintenance, minor electrical work, projects, attending breakdowns, and life extension work.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Have your own tools
- Have a proactive safety culture
- Have a positive attitude and team spirit.
- Have an eye for detail and take pride in your workmanship.
- Understand the importance of completing paperwork.
- Preferably have experience in some or all of the above types of vehicles.
- Preferably hold an HR drivers licence
Brisbane Bus Lines is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified heavy diesel mechanic's to apply for our role.
We offer our fulltime workshop team above award rates, supply work dress, and provide free off-street parking.
Don't miss this great opportunity to work close to home for a Family Business who values their employees.
If you require further details please contact
Daniel Sargent, Workshop Manager on 3354 3633
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanics?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?