Queensland Manager (Disaster Recovery) - GIVIT
Advertiser: GIVIT Listed LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Apr 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
GIVIT is a national not-for-profit connecting those who have with those who need. GIVIT matches generosity with genuine need by inspiring and connecting an online network of givers.
GIVIT offers a small and supportive team environment, flexible working arrangements and great work variety. Attractive salary packaging benefits are available to GIVIT employees.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to manage GIVIT's Queensland Disaster Recovery Service to ensure all contractual obligations are met, raise GIVIT's profile in Queensland, build relationships with government agencies, charities and corporate and community donors, and drive and secure donations of goods and funding to meet disaster recovery and charity needs.
GIVIT partners with the Queensland Government to manage all offers of goods and services, including corporate offers of assistance, after natural disasters in Queensland.
After the recent monsoonal trough which impacted Queensland, GIVIT has matched more than 210,000 donated items to people affected by the disaster. The first project for this role will be to take the lead in this continuing recovery work.
Reporting to: National Manager
In this role you will:
- Coordinate Queensland disaster recovery using strong and effective relationships you develop and maintain with state and local government, recovery agencies, charity networks and corporate donors.
- Manage or oversee partnerships with all charities in the recovery of communities affected by natural disasters, drought and emergencies, and support their requests subject to GIVIT's Terms of Participation and community priorities.
- Ensure you meet all agreed service levels, key performance measures and all reporting obligations.
- Lead GIVIT's Queensland team to support local government and charities in preparation for working together in disaster events.
- Identify opportunities for ensuring the sustainability of GIVIT services.
- Build relationships and enhance GIVIT's reputation across all stakeholder groups, ensuring the organisation's brand is protected.
- Play a key role in risk management.
- Ensure effective management of human, financial and physical resources.
- Act as media spokesperson, as required, and represent GIVIT in a variety of settings, including media opportunities, public forums, events and conferences.
- Work with GIVIT's Marketing and Communication team to raise awareness of GIVIT and GIVIT's Disaster Recovery Service.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you will have...
- Highly developed relationship management skills and an ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders at a senior level within state and local governments, recovery agencies, charities, corporates and local communities.
- Exceptional reporting skills, ensuring all partnerships reporting requirements are up to date and accurate.
- Exceptional project management skills, including demonstrated capacity in planning, implementing, reviewing and achieving project goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise in managing government contracted services and commitments.
- Skills to be a competent and effective media spokesperson and confident public speaker.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain composure in fast paced and rapidly changing work environments.
- Tertiary qualifications in Disaster Management, Business, Communications or a related discipline.
- A "can do" attitude and drive to make a real difference in Queensland!
GIVIT offers a supportive team environment, flexible working arrangements and great work variety. The salary is $100,000 pa + superannuation. Attractive salary packaging benefits are available to GIVIT employees.
This role is based in Brisbane's Bowen Hills, but does involve travel across Queensland.
Please submit a cover letter and your current resume via Seek. Please email any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.