AODS Counsellors - Female & Male
Advertiser: CRAICCHS LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Apr 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- $65,000 - $69,999 plus 10.5% Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Cherbourg Regional Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health (CRAICCHS) is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled and managed organization.
The objective of CRAICCHS is to provide the following services to Communities within the South Burnett Region:
- Increased access to quality primary health care
- Social and emotional well-being service
The AOD (Alcohol and other drugs) team has an exciting fulltime opportunity for an experienced AOD Outreach Workers; Female & Male Positions available.
The primary purpose of the Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Outreach Workers is to provide clinical assessment and case management on an outreach basis to young people and their families with alcohol and drug concerns in their own environment or at CRAICCHS facilities.
You will be responsible for the provision of secondary consultation, and health promotion, working with mandated and voluntary clients with co-occurring disorders including AOD, Mental Health and Acquired Brain Injury.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles and practise of working with youth, adults and families.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate groups and work with individual clients.
- Proven skills in the application of assessment, case coordination, case management, case formulation and development of individual treatment plans.
- Compliance with performance monitoring and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of current alcohol and other drug interventions
- Understanding of the principles of harm minimization and approaches to the treatment of AOD problems including relapse prevention.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing co-operative partnerships with agency workers and community services.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and referral pathways with external service providers,
- The demonstrated ability to identify the cultural needs of Aboriginal people in the design and delivery of programs and services
- The ability to work from a family sensitive approach and respect Aboriginal family values and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally appropriate professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively with vulnerable young people and their families with an understanding of the holistic needs of the client and their family
- Connection to the local community and capacity to engage and encourage program participation
- Current C Class Driver’s License and ability to travel especially across the designated area
- Current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card
- Minimum qualification of a Certificate IV in social work and 2 years of relevant experience
- Although not essential, a Diploma or Certificates in AOD or Mental Health would be an advantage.
Conditions of Employment:
- Salary and conditions are in accordance with the SACS Award.
- All offers of employment at CRAICCHS are subject to a six month probationary period. The staff member will be asked to participate in monthly performance reviews linked to objectives set out for the position.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check, a current Driver’s License and an Employment Working with Children Check.
Applications for these positions should include a current resume and be submitted directly from this website.
Applications close: 28th May 2019