- Job Listing Date
- 29 Apr 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
BGL Corporate Solutions Pty Ltd is a SaaS provider and market leader in Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) and Corporate Compliance Software. The software we develop in-house (SF360 and CAS360) is hosted in AWS for our customers.
You can find out more about our software in our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BGLCORPSOL/videos
You will be working in a small DevOps team to improve our AWS environment. We already have automation - but we can always have more. We strongly believe that continued re-work of existing systems is required in order to make use of the latest technology and best-practices. As such, we are continually on the lookout to improve environment speed and resiliency. Your mission, should you accept it, is to improve and develop the environment - not maintain old legacy stuff. If the thing feels "legacy" to you, then you are encouraged to replace it with something following current best practises.
You'll also be responsible for directly supporting our in-house developers to improve their code security, deployment pace and productivity. Just as you improve our AWS environment, you'll also come up with processes that help developers prototype, debug, test and deploy their code.
Day-to-day activities will involve some operations work to keep the environment ticking along. The rest of the time will be project work. Our product sprint cycles are 3 weeks on average - so you can move improvements from test to prod in fairly short order. The job will entail a mix of brownfield and greenfield work.
We're only interested in people passionate about the role and who can work independently. The DevOps team has a lot of internal improvement projects in the pipeline - not to mention the on-going work generated by our developers. Since we are a small team, your work will be wide and varied - so no boring repetitive activities. If you're tired of all the red-tape working in a large corporate - look no further.
We are only considering applicants who have the right to live and work in Victoria.
What we want :
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work closely with other developers and engineers.
- Commercial Linux sysadmin experience with 50+ server environments (AWS Linux, RedHat, Ubuntu all considered).
- Commercial experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Commercial experience supporting Java applications - including optimising JVM parameters.
- Good skills in scripting: Bash, Ruby, Python.
We're looking for the following from prospective candidates:
- knowledge of config management software like Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc. (Preference for Ansible)
- knowledge of infrastructure management software like Terraform or cloudformation. (Preference for Terraform)
- Good understanding of DNS, Load Balancing, Network security and general IT security principles.
- Experience with application monitoring and profiling, proficiently using both open source and commercial monitoring tools.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience with Agile, ITIL, security, audit, compliance
- Experience with SQL and/or DBMS optimisation
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer science or a related discipline
Please email your resume and cover letter to the People and Culture Team by selecting 'APPLY NOW'
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems engineer?