Accounts Officer Permanent Part-time 22 hours per week
Advertiser: Internet Association of Australia IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Apr 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
Internet Association of Australia Inc (IAA) is a member-based association representing the Internet community. IAA’s growing membership community, both in Australia and abroad have led to the expansion of their team and as a result they are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Officer.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Accounts Officer will be responsible for undertaking daily financial activities and providing financial support and assistance to the General Manager (IAA) ensuring financial compliance across the association.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Payroll including reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of superannuation payments
- Managing records and receipts
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Preparing balance sheets
- Processing invoices
- Maintenance of general ledger
- Preparation of monthly accounts including Board reports including analysis, commentary and profitability
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and provide regular forecasts during the year for IAA
- Assisting and supporting the General Manager IAA and other team members with projects and tasks when required to continuously improve the service offering and member experience
The successful incumbent will possess the following:
- Previous demonstrated experience in a similar finance / accounting role
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience working with Xero
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Commitment to outstanding member service
- Superior numerical skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Demonstrated organisational and prioritisation skills
- Results focused
- Ability to cope well under pressure and with uncertainty
- Proven attention to detail
- Commitment and demonstration to IAA’s values and behaviours in all tasks and interactions
- Ability to work outside of business hours when necessary
- Eligibility to work in Australia on a permanent basis
If you are seeking a position with an organisation positioned for continued growth and success and who provides a flexible working environment, then this is the role for you.
If you are interested in applying please submit a covering letter addressing the criteria listed above along with your resume using the apply now button.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 12 May, 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?