Communication & Events Officer Permanent Part-time 22 hours per week
Advertiser: Internet Association of Australia IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Apr 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Internet Association of Australia Inc (IAA) is a member-based association representing the Internet community. IX-Australia is an Internet Exchange service provided by IAA to Corporate members. IAA’s growing membership community, both in Australia and abroad have led to the expansion of their team and as a result they are currently seeking an experienced Communication & Events Officer.
Reporting to the General Manager IAA, the Communication & Events Officer will be active in contributing in the development and delivery of all IAA and IXA related communication to its members, stakeholders and wider industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing communications materials to promote IAA and IXA to internal and external stakeholders
- Development and delivery of high-quality events, conferences and professional development programs
- Build and maintain quality relationships with stakeholders supporting all activities of the Association
- Working with the General Manager IAA and General Manager IXA to effectively promote and execute on conferences, events and programs
The successful incumbent will possess the following:
- Previous demonstrated experience in a similar communications / events role
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven high level communications management experience including; internal and external communications experience
- Demonstrated experience organising high quality events, seminars and functions
- Exceptional public speaking and large group presentations skills and experience
- Excellent copywriting, proof-reading skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in understanding of web editing on and social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experienced in these platforms (or similar) Wordpress; Campaign Monitor; Survey Monkey; Buffer; Canva
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Commitment to outstanding member service
- Demonstrated organisational and prioritisation skills
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation
- Understanding of the technology industry in Australia
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of telecommunications industry
If you are seeking a position with an organisation positioned for continued growth and success and who provides a flexible working environment, then this is the role for you.
If you are interested in applying please submit a covering letter addressing the criteria listed above along with your resume using the apply now button.
For further information please email email@example.com.
Applications close 12 May, 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?